Spices are important ingredients of food. They not only add taste to our food but also fasten up our metabolism. Spices can speed up metabolic resting state and lower down appetite. They can provide relief in inflammation of the body. They also act as the repairer of damaged body cells. Spices have many health benefits.
Spices make food healthier while boosting your health. They are rich in phytonutrient compounds such as vitamins and minerals. Spices are a rich source of antioxidants. They also have some phytochemicals which are rich in plant chemicals. Spices play a vital role in lowering cholesterol and glucose levels. They affect our thinking process. Let discuss some benefits of spices on health.
Cinnamon Health Benefits
People used cinnamon for thousands of years around the globe. Surprisingly, Cinnamon ranks no one (1) out of twenty-six (26) of the most popular spices in the world. Its antioxidant levels are very beneficial for health. It has many health benefits. There are about 250 species of cinnamon. As cinnamon is rich in antioxidants therefore it reduces free radical damage and slows down the aging process. Cinnamon is beneficial in pain management. It lowers swelling and prevents inflammation, reduce muscle soreness, decrease menstrual pain. It may aid to reduce any kind of pain
Healthy effects of Cinnamon on Different functions of the body
You might also want to read cinnamon health benefits.
- Cinnamon is also helpful in maintaining the health of the heart. It lowers bad cholesterol LDL and increases good cholesterol HDL.
- It helps in stabilizing blood glucose levels. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin hormone sensitivity. The mentioned hormone helps in the transportation of sugar from the blood to tissues and keep blood sugar levels balanced
- Cinnamon has anti-carcinogenic properties. Many superfoods are assigned with anti-carcinogenic properties.
- It is now used as natural cancer-fighting food because of antioxidants. Cinnamon is also used as a supplement for patients with a higher risk of cancer
- It helps in the functioning of neurons and improves Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome is a syndrome that affects women. Cinnamon can manage the problems occur due to PCOS
- Cinnamon has antibacterial properties which can subsume to viruses so it may help in the fight against HIV
Turmeric Health Benefits:
Turmeric has been used for years as traditional medicine. Curcumin, which gives it a yellow color. We can credit curcumin because of curcumin, Turmeric has a lot of health benefits. The body absorbs curcumin more effectively when it is paired with milk and black pepper. That is why “Turmeric Milk” is used to seek wellness after most injuries. Because it contains fat and a pinch of black pepper
Functions of Turmeric:
- Turmeric can help in treating inflammatory diseases like inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, and arthritis.
- According to some studies, curcumin may protect against heart diseases. It improves the function of endothelial and the membrane that covers the heart.
- Researches have proved that turmeric effective in treating Diabetes type 1 and type 2 because of curcumin.
- Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Turmeric has been used for the treatment of skin problems. It includes the treatment of acne and scars.
Must have a look at the article on a healthy lifestyle.